Carla is a lawyer of the M&A and corporate departments in Rio de Janeiro.
Carla´s practice focuses on corporate law, M&A transactions, corporate transactions in general, and contracts negotiation.
She is also a commercial mediator.
Brazilian Bar Association (OAB/RJ).
CBAr – Brazilian Arbitration Committee, and Ibrademp – Brazilian Institute of Business Law.
Member of the Mediation Committee of OAB/RJ and of the Study Group on Commercial Mediation (GEMEP) of CBAr.
Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro – PUC-Rio (Extension in Family Business Governance, 2018)
CBMA – Brazilian Center of Mediation and Arbitration (Commercial Mediation Training, 2016)
National Council of Justice of Brazil/Court of Appeals of Rio de Janeiro (Judicial Mediation Training, 2014)
AAA – American Arbitration Association, New York, USA (Essential Mediation Skills for the New Mediator, 2013)
Columbia Law School, New York, USA (LL.M., 1999)
Faculdades Integradas Candido Mendes, Rio de Janeiro (Graduate studies in Contemporary Corporate Law, 1996)
Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro – PUC-Rio (LL.B., 1991)
Portuguese, English and Spanish
• Support in the execution of commercial contracts in general.
• Advising on the negotiation of domestic and international contracts that encompass the most varied types of agreements.
• Conducting and structuring complex contracts in the infrastructure areas.
• Support in specialized legal advice for contracts in specific markets, such as technology, health, etc.
• Advising on the analysis of commercial structures to identify potential risks and analyze alternative scenarios.
• Analysis of risks of early termination, situations of economic and financial imbalance, limitation of liability and indemnification.
• Incorporation of companies, consortia, joint ventures, partnerships and associations.
• Preparation of corporate documents of limited liability companies (LLCs), corporations, etc.
• Negotiation of investment contracts, association and shareholder agreements.
• Coordination of routine corporate activities and other issues involving LLCs and corporations.
• Risk analysis of corporate transactions and draft of memorandums of corporate matters.
• Conduction of corporate disputes.
MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
• Merger, acquisition, takeovers and sale of companies or assets.
• Assistance to transfer of control and minority shareholdings.
• Conduction of cash-in and cash-out transactions, private equity, leveraged buyout, management buyout, etc.
• Counsel on the development of legal due diligences in organizing data rooms for such operations.
• Integrated and coordinated work with the tax law department, which optimizes resources.
• Execution of complex commercial agreement for investments in companies in general.