Gabriel Alves is an associate of the tax litigation area in Rio de Janeiro.
Gabriel´s practice focuses on the tax litigation, on the Federal, State and Municipal scope, in the administrative and judicial sphere, representing clients from all sector.
BET – Instituto Brasileiro de Estudos Tributários (Attending graduate course in tax law – 2020).
Universidade Federal Fluminense – UFF (Post-Graduated in Procedural Law, 2020).
Instituto Brasileiro de Mercados de Capitais – IBMEC/RJ. (Bachelor of Laws, 2011).
Portuguese and English.
• Monitoring of changes in tax legislation and relevant rulings of administrative bodies and Superior Courts.
• Specialized technical consulting with the objective of preventing conflicts with tax authorities and identify opportunities to challenge tax collection.
• Study of all alternatives under discussion, assessing the benefits and risks involved, to present to the client with the most appropriate strategy that yields the safest and effective result.
• Defense of the taxpayer’s interest who wishes to challenge, both administratively or judicially, any kind of tax collection (taxes in general, including customs and social contributions), with the aim of minimizing the tax burden.
• Defense against offenses tax-deficiency notices issued against taxpayers, consultations with the competent tax authority, assistance in the transmission of compensation requests and in conducting associated procedures, special tax system requests, tax benefit requests etc.
• Conduct and legal advice in lawsuits filed to which the taxpayer is party (both as plaintiff and defendant) such as tax foreclosures filed to collect registered in the overdue tax liabilities registry, working the action in customized manner throughout all instances.