Marcelo Santos is an associate of the Corporate Team in São Paulo, professional working in corporate law, M&A, corporate restructurings, assets and succession planning and corporate transactions in general.
Brazilian Bar Association (OAB)
He holds a degree in law from Universidade São Judas Tadeu – USJT (2020).
Portuguese and English.
• Support in the execution of commercial contracts in general.
• Advising on the negotiation of domestic and international contracts that encompass the most varied types of agreements.
• Conducting and structuring complex contracts in the infrastructure areas.
• Support in specialized legal advice for contracts in specific markets, such as technology, health, etc.
• Advising on the analysis of commercial structures to identify potential risks and analyze alternative scenarios.
• Analysis of risks of early termination, situations of economic and financial imbalance, limitation of liability and indemnification.
• Incorporation of companies, consortia, joint ventures, partnerships and associations.
• Preparation of corporate documents of limited liability companies (LLCs), corporations, etc.
• Negotiation of investment contracts, association and shareholder agreements.
• Coordination of routine corporate activities and other issues involving LLCs and corporations.
• Risk analysis of corporate transactions and draft of memorandums of corporate matters.
• Conduction of corporate disputes.
MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
• Merger, acquisition, takeovers and sale of companies or assets.
• Assistance to transfer of control and minority shareholdings.
• Conduction of cash-in and cash-out transactions, private equity, leveraged buyout, management buyout, etc.
• Counsel on the development of legal due diligences in organizing data rooms for such operations.
• Integrated and coordinated work with the tax law department, which optimizes resources.
• Execution of complex commercial agreement for investments in companies in general.
• Protection and allocation of assets among heirs for avoiding conflict during the succession.
• Reduction of tax liability and legal costs and expenses in succession.
• Structure and/or organization family assets with a view to the issue of succession.
• Reorganization of family companies, constitution of investment vehicles and holdings, in Brazil and/or abroad, with aims involving succession planning, tax planning and/or asset organization.
• Elaboration and implementation of all the necessary instruments to regulate the relationship between partners and/or shareholders and the management of companies, including shareholders or quotaholders’ agreements.
• Elaboration of wills, common-law marriage agreements, family protocols, deeds of donation and/or establishment of usufruct, in compliance, when necessary, with the implementation of the proposed corporate structure.
• Negotiations of disputes involving family businesses, including for succession purposes.