Maria Sílvia has been working for over 15 years in strategic litigation and national and international arbitrations, concerning business law and agreements, civil, consumer, banking, sports, real estate, infrastructure, intellectual property, credit recovery, etc.
Wide experience in dispute avoidance and economic analysis of business litigation. She also works with business contracts in general.
Brazilian Bar Association (OAB).
Maria Silvia graduated in Law at Pontifícia Universidade Católica, Rio de Janeiro, in 2004, where she also attended a specialization in Civil Law.
She attended a post-graduation program in Environmental Law at Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro – UERJ in 2005.
Maria Silvia is a member of the Brazilian Bar Association.
Portuguese and English.
• Support in the execution of commercial contracts in general.
• Advising on the negotiation of domestic and international contracts that encompass the most varied types of agreements.
• Conducting and structuring complex contracts in the infrastructure areas.
• Support in specialized legal advice for contracts in specific markets, such as technology, health, etc.
• Advising on the analysis of commercial structures to identify potential risks and analyze alternative scenarios.
• Analysis of risks of early termination, situations of economic and financial imbalance, limitation of liability and indemnification.
• Monitoring of changes in tax legislation and relevant rulings of administrative bodies and Superior Courts.
• Specialized technical consulting with the objective of preventing conflicts with tax authorities and identify opportunities to challenge tax collection.
• Study of all alternatives under discussion, assessing the benefits and risks involved, to present to the client with the most appropriate strategy that yields the safest and effective result.
• Defense of the taxpayer’s interest who wishes to challenge, both administratively or judicially, any kind of tax collection (taxes in general, including customs and social contributions), with the aim of minimizing the tax burden.
• Defense against offenses tax-deficiency notices issued against taxpayers, consultations with the competent tax authority, assistance in the transmission of compensation requests and in conducting associated procedures, special tax system requests, tax benefit requests etc.
• Conduct and legal advice in lawsuits filed to which the taxpayer is party (both as plaintiff and defendant) such as tax foreclosures filed to collect registered in the overdue tax liabilities registry, working the action in customized manner throughout all instances.